Roof coating can often extend the life of your commercial roof rather than having to go through the expense and impact of a complete roof replacement. The product that we use includes a 10 year warranty. Some of our solutions include reflective material that will often reduce your utility expenses by 20% to 30%. Here are some of the reasons that using a roof coating is a superior choice for a commercial building:
Roof Coating and Waterproofing Solution Benefits
- Seamless – Weatherproof system – The coating solutions are applied as liquids. They cure in such a way to create an impenetrable seal for your roof. Since it’s applied around pipes, hatches and other equipment, it truly seals out the elements. Some products are applied using brooms and brushes, and other products are sprayed on. The end result in either case is a solid membrane that can last for many years.
- Cost effective – Since you’re able to apply these products to an existing roof, it minimizes the overall expense of the project. It’s a less expensive choice than installing a new roof for an existing building. It also eliminates the waste of disposing of the old material. Thus, reducing the need for a landfill expense you would have incurred with a traditional renovation.
- Installation has Minimal Impact on Regular Operations. The application is done with minimal noise. Also, there is usually no or low odor, so you can operate business as usual. There will be no loss of income from having to shut down operations. Such a shut down might be required for more extensive renovations.
- Environmentally friendly. We’ve mentioned the reduction in landfill space using these systems. Additionally, many of our coatings contain ultra-low or zero VOCs. The products can qualify for the US Green Building Council’s LEED program for Sustainable Sites, Energy and Atmosphere, and Materials and Resources
- Sustainable – The system can be reapplied every ten years to maintain the waterproofing, reflectivity and extend the roof life.
- Reduced Utility Requirements. When we apply a reflective top coat to your roof, it adds UV protection, thus reducing roof maintenance costs. Highly reflective coatings make it much more comfortable and cooler in buildings. Such buildings require less air conditioning even in our hot North Texas summers!
Roof Coating Products
The rubberized waterproofing product we use is a solvent based elastomeric asphalt compound. It produced from selected asphalts, stabilizers and mineral spirits. It’s prepared to a sem-mastic consistency so that it can be readily sprayed onto your rooftop. This roof coating product is applied cold and dries to a tough 33-mil flexible and durable coating that provides excellent performance. It also functions as an air barrier as specified by many building codes.
This product is a step up from the rubberized solution, and is a single-component elastomeric waterproofing membrane, polyurethane with bitumen modifiers, designed for installations on below grade foundation, and can also be applied to above grade applications, too. This product is typically applied with a rubber-edged squeegee, nap roller or trowel.
Reflective Roof Coatings
Reflective coatings help to reduce indoor building temperatures. The are made from flakes of pure aluminum mixed with selected asphalts. These are ideal top coats for modified bitumen membranes, metal corrugated desks, steep asphalt and other products.
Additional solutions are available. The J Duncanson sales team are expertly trained to help you assess your needs based on your building, current roof system and budget. Simply fill out the form to the right, and one of our team will contact you right away.